The 10 Best Homework Excuses
1. I got my backpack stolen: use rampant crime among high school students to your advantage. No teacher in his right mind would expect you to turn in that big assignment if it got stolen the very day it was due. Although most teachers won't follow through, filing a missing backpack report might not be a bad idea.
2. My mom and dad got in a huge fight last night and the cops came and I couldn't concentrate on the assignment: Domestic violence isn't something to lie about...unless it's done to save your grade. This excuse works on so many levels: (1) Your teacher will never bring this up to your parents; and (2) you will garner sympathy for the rest of the year. The only way this could go wrong is if your teacher reports this to your guidance counselor and your counselor contacts your parents. That's probably not going to happen.
3. I stayed at my dad's this weekend and left it there and my mom refuses to let me go back and get it: Teachers are suckers for dysfunctional family stories. This is an all time classic.
4. I left my binder in my mom's car and she's at work across town: This is a twist on the easy to see through "I left it at home" excuse. A teacher can reasonably expect someone from home to bring your homework, but not even the meanest teacher would expect your mom to leave work.
5. I was really sick yesterday and unable to do anything. The only reason I came is because I didn't want to miss any more work: Teachers will admire your perseverance and give you the extra day.
6. It's that "time of the month": If you're a boy, don't try this. This only works for females on male teachers.
7. Grandma died: Even if the teacher doubts the veracity of your grandma's death, he's not gonna call you out on it just in case it's true. There are obvious problems with this excuse, including the guilt you'll feel if your grandma does die that week.
8. My dog died and I was too upset to do my homework: This is rarely used, but effective, especially if your teacher has a dog. Only a heartless task master would not cut you a break over losing your best friend.
9. I had to take care of my baby sister who was up last night throwing up: Another underused classic. Be careful your teacher isn't an e-mailer or he just might e-mail your parents for an update on your baby sister who doesn't exist.
10. Tell the truth: This is a revolutionary excuse. Often if you just go to your teacher in the morning and tell him or her the truth, you'll get some additional time.
What's your favorite homework excuse?
10 Best Excuses for not Writing Your Essay
Best Essays is discovering 10 best excuses that students normally give after failing to hand in an assignment on time. Some of these excuses sound genuine while others are simply hilarious. The teacher will probably have heard of this alibi over and over again from different students and may not be sympathetic to you. If you've ever struggled with handing in your school work on time, you're in the right place. Bestessays.com is here to help you. That's because we developed trusted system where students have their essays done on time for that deadline making your school life a lot easier. For a long time bestessays.com has been working with students and knows what are the excuses students use.
Some of these excuses such as "the dog ate my essay" have been used for a long time even though it sounds impossible; others such as "I accidentally left my essay at home" might be genuine but often at time are not. Still there are students who claim to never have understood the topic and need some help form the teacher. This will at times work for you but make sure not to use it more than once. We also heard an excuse that was hilarious, a student claiming the essay was kidnapped by aliens. This can either amuse the teacher or invite here wrath on you.
All these excuses will rarely work; the teacher has heard the reasons from many students before. Order your essay at bestessays.com and get to beat the deadline. We guarantee you original essays, excellent customer support and affordable prices. Order your essay now and get to enjoy our services tailored for all your needs.