Fashion Assistant Cover Letter
Fashion Assistants are employed by fashion designers and retail companies to provide practical support and to take part to creative processes. Common job duties of a Fashion Assistant include: researching current trends, organizing meetings, creating prototypes, collaborating with suppliers, keeping in touch with factories, inspecting products, tracking sales, planning inventories, coordinating the purchasing process, and organizing fashion events such as runway shows.
The ideal candidate for a Fashion Assistant job should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout his or her cover letter:
- Fashion and commercial awareness
- Pattern cutting knowledge
- An eye for color and design
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation abilities
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer literacy
- Good numeracy skills
- Time management and multitasking
Those interested in a Fashion Assistant career can check comparable job abilities in the sample cover letter below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Fashion Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Reedy:
When I saw your posting for a new Fashion Assistant, I was eager to forward my resume for your review. As a dedicated and self-motivated professional with a keen eye for design trends as well as ongoing education in the fashion industry, I am positioned to significantly contribute to Sew Ray Me’s goals in this role.
In my current pursuit of an Associate’s degree in Fashion Arts—as well as in the numerous retail positions I have held at stores such as The Gap and H&M—I have amassed hands-on experience in creating sketches and patterns, evaluating fashion trends, and evaluating customer needs. I am confident that these attributes, along with my strong enthusiasm for fashion and my expertise in general administrative tasks, will enable me to excel in this position.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Achieving comprehensive education in diverse fashion topics, including principles of buying, marketing, design, fashion history, retail promotion, and trend forecasting.
- Selecting materials, production techniques, and accessory items to design sample garments and outfits for presentation to mock agents and fashion sales representatives.
- Identifying target markets for fictional designers, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status to inform sketches and product design.
- Attending numerous fashion shows and reviewing fashion magazines to compile evolving information about trends and consumer preferences.
- Demonstrating superior administrative skills in areas including correspondence, supply management, and supplier relationship management.
- Possessing excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills and effective customer service strategies; excelling within team-oriented environments.
My skills in trend spotting, garment design, and team collaboration are proven, and I am confident my additional talents will readily translate to this role with your company. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Amanda D. Provencher
Dear (name of Stylist),
I am writing in regards to your advertisement in (name of publication) for the position of Intern for Fashion Stylist with (name of company/magazine etc.).
I have been passionate about fashion throughout my adolescent teenage years and into adulthood. My fashion sense soon got noticed at school at an early age and my style became popular amongst my fellow classmates, which spread within our school.
This lead to me becoming the school's official fashion stylist for school productions (plays and fashion shows), something that they didn't have prior to my time at (name of school).
I was very proud of my achievements that stemmed from my passion for trends and colours and simply being me. I decided to follow through with my interest in the industry and further my studies at university, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in (name of degree).
During University, I held a part time job as assistant to the editor at (name) Magazine. I participated in numerous fashion shows, meeting and forging relationships with industry professionals and wardrobe reviewing for up-coming photo shoots.
I would very much like to broaden my experience and have the opportunity to work towards being a fashion stylist. I believe that I am made for this position, with my natural flair and absorption of street trends as well as thinking outside of the box.
My Resume is enclosed with further information regarding my history and education.
I hope that it appeals to you and that we may be able to meet in person to discuss things further.
Thank you in advance,